Ezud.com - Trolling Assistance Forum

Ezud.com - Trolling Assistance Forum (http://ezud.com/forum/index.php)
-   Debate (http://ezud.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   Extension Of Life - Debate (http://ezud.com/forum/showthread.php?t=762)

Unknown 07-27-2008 03:57 AM

Extension Of Life - Debate

Topic boosted from The Independant

----------------

As i read through the topic i have an understanding that we could live for up to 10 times longer.

(it would mean that we might one day see people living for 800 years.")
What are your opinions on this?

Do we have a right to change our age expectancy, is this immoral? Or perhaps you are religious. Do we not have the right to choose over our extension of life.
Some believe it impossible, which is understandable. A lot of people are going to think this way.

"We're very, very far from making a person live to 800 years of age. I don't think it's going to be very complicated to get to 120 and remain healthy, but at a certain point I think it will be possible to get people to live to 800. I don't think there is an upper limit to the life of any organism."

Could this be a reason not to go through with this sort of testing/experiments. Another problem could be terrorism. (what if this came into the wrong hands)

In my opinion it is all good that we could eventually expand our lifespan, however it seems somewhat greedy. Living for a lot longer would overcrowd the planet way to much. Also we are not as a race capable of controlling the effects and using them wisely.

Another point would probably be that as stated is that it would be difficult to get to around 120 years of age and still be fit and healthy.

Well go ahead! debate!

Merecide 07-27-2008 04:23 AM

The only way to know if it is right or wrong is to try it and see what happens. Living longer will either accomplish success or fail at everything. I don't care how ever long people live but I don't see it being very useful if earth is going to be wiped out in a few hundred years.

Unknown 07-27-2008 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merecide (Post 7757)
The only way to know if it is right or wrong is to try it and see what happens. Living longer will either accomplish success or fail at everything. I don't care how ever long people live but I don't see it being very useful if earth is going to be wiped out in a few hundred years.

Ok then, say we did try it and a bad change happened that was irreversible. The world could befall into more destruction.

Sometimes the line between right and wrong is quite fine, how are we to judge. We are the future, big decisions like that are dangerous.

I don't care how long we live, we live and die that's just what happens. Personally i think it will be better once this race dies out, we cause enough damage.

Merecide 07-27-2008 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknown (Post 7762)
Ok then, say we did try it and a bad change happened that was irreversible. The world could befall into more destruction.

Your point?

FBI 07-27-2008 05:04 AM

We can not, it was possible for us to live much longer way back hundreds of thousands of years ago, because of the earths atmosphere, people were much bigger, and animals were too. (big ass dinosaurs).

Now the atmosphere's ozone is breaking up to much due to pollution, so the sun's radiation is slowly poisoning us, so we are unable to live for aslong, or develop as we once did long time ago.

oh btw dude, dont worry about the worlds population getting bigger u will find out in a few years what the bush administration and practically every large government in the world has planned.

jcq 07-27-2008 06:10 AM

When we do progress to living longer lives, it should be through evolution and therefore takes into consideration an expanding population. If we had the power to add as little as 10 or 20 years onto our lives, the results could be way worse then you might think.

Hummus 07-27-2008 06:56 AM

Maybe we'd become timelords! o.O

Envy 07-27-2008 07:04 AM

The point isn't living for the 800 years but simply surviving for those 800 years. It's not like Superman where nothing hurts him. You have to take into account that with age your organs weaken and become more vulnerable, the older you get the easier you become to submit to disease and simply die.

Merecide 07-27-2008 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FBI (Post 7770)
We can not, it was possible for us to live much longer way back hundreds of thousands of years ago, because of the earths atmosphere, people were much bigger, and animals were too. (big ass dinosaurs).

Now the atmosphere's ozone is breaking up to much due to pollution, so the sun's radiation is slowly poisoning us, so we are unable to live for aslong, or develop as we once did long time ago.

oh btw dude, dont worry about the worlds population getting bigger u will find out in a few years what the bush administration and practically every large government in the world has planned.

Assume we found a biochemical gas we could put into the air to restore the atmosphere. Should we extend life or not extend life and why?

And for the record; humans and dinosaurs didn't coexist, they lived at different times. (I hope you weren't trying to connect the two).

Envy 07-27-2008 08:17 AM

Our lifespan from prehistoric times have actually lengthened. The atmosphere plays a role in our health but not how long we are intended to live.