Thread: School
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 07:16 AM
Ezudian

Tim0Suprem0 has a spectacular aura aboutTim0Suprem0 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol5916 View Post
I enjoy math and science. I took the SAT in 7th grade, scored nearly perfect on the math, finished overall with the highest grade of the seventh graders, a modest 1750/2400. I took the PSAT earlier this year, and scored perfect on the math, and did better than 99% of Juniors(I'm a freshman). I like learning, really, it just seems like they're not teaching it the way I learn(eidographic memory), or I'm just not learning anything at all.
Hmm, well I don't really know what to tell you other than do what you like to do. Eidographic is like strictly visual right? Do you know ways that you do learn well (flash cards! haha)? Or is it more that you know that you are obviously not learning anything from the way things are being taught, but you don't necessarily know a better method yourself? Because if you know how you learn, then I'd say it's kind of in your hands to arrange the information you get at school in ways you will retain it. Which is retarded because then what is the point of school if you have to do basically what a teacher is paid to do.

Ok so yeah, you're super smart and the school you go to probably doesn't cater to the abilities you have. I think if you wanted, you could probably just fuck around and do only stuff you want. This has two main benefits: 1) You only do the stuff you like. 2) I don't know how much your parents care, but if they get pissed that you aren't doing well then it kind of calls to their attention the fact that something isn't working right for you.

You're situation kind of sucks, sorry . Hooray for institutionalized learning.