Thread: Urgent help.
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Ezudian

Sage is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Sage

If I am understanding your problems, I might be able to help.

#1: After you start up your computer, try turning updates off. If running Windows 7 it's: Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Update > Change Settings.

I am not sure if this will help, but it is worth a shot. As for the disk checking, my desktop did that for a while, it went away after a week or so.

#2: If you really want to reinstall Windows, go to the boot menu and try first repairing windows, then restore your computer to the earliest possible restore point, if all of these fail then you might have to buy a new copy of Windows, or you could get it illegally, but I wouldn't recommend it.

To get to the boot menu, start up your computer, and on the main loading screen, where it usually says the name of the company who made your computer, it should say "Press X To..." where X is the button to press. Hold it in and it'll go to the Windows 7 recovery menu.

#3 I really have no idea where to find a replacement. Your best bet would be looking on ebay for one, or contact the manufacturer. If you are going to replace it yourself, I recommend looking for a guide on how to disassemble and reassemble the laptop, to not ruin anything.

I really don't know how to help you with the last 2, but I hope I helped a little.

PS sorry about the late reply, I just say this thread.