Thread: Global Warming.
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Ezudian

juvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to juvenilepunk Send a message via Yahoo to juvenilepunk Send a message via Skype™ to juvenilepunk
Send a message via ICQ to juvenilepunk Send a message via AIM to juvenilepunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by #21 View Post
Ok so it snowed in one area. You realize California is nothing to the world as a whole. It is a speck. Try going up to the poles where we are running out of glaciers. Then you'll reconsider. Who cares how much snow we get. It's a small fraction of how much fresh water is in the glaciers which makes up 80%+ of our fresh water. Without it, the population will not be sustained = death.

Correct me if I am wrong...
You do realise it will take thousands of years for the ice to melt? It has taken 18,000 years to melt 60% of the ice from the last ice age. The remaining ice is almost entirely at the north and south poles and is nowhere near warm weather. To melt the ice of Greenland and Antarctica would take thousands of years under any realistic change in climate. The East Antarctic Ice Sheet, which makes up about 80% of the Earth's current ice is predicted by the IPCC (United Nations scientific committee on climate change) to melt in atleast 10,000 years! So going back to your previous statement about worrying about your kids and grandkids I don't think you have to worry, they and their great great great great great great x10000 kids will be long gone by then.