Go Back   Ezud.com - Trolling Assistance Forum > General Boards > General Stuff

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 11:56 PM
Ezudian

Brimmy has a spectacular aura aboutBrimmy has a spectacular aura about
Default Demonoid Invites!

Quote:
What is Demonoid?
Demonoid is a website and BitTorrent tracker that was originated by an anonymous Serbian known only by the pseudonym Deimos. The website indexes torrents uploaded by its members. It was the second largest and is the most popular private tracker for over a year, the 403rd most popularly ranked website in July 2007 according to Alexa, and had an estimated 3 million peers in September 2007.

On June 26, 2007, Demonoid went down for hardware failures, supposedly unrelated to concurrent legal issues. Demonoid's ISP Leaseweb had been ordered by the Dutch police to take down the website. Later, the Dutch anti-piracy organization Bescherming Rechten Entertainment Industrie Nederland filed a subpoena against Leaseweb, demanding that Demonoid be taken down with a penalty of ***8364;50,000 per day otherwise. Leaseweb, after delaying as long as possible, divulged to BREIN the name, address, and banking information of the registered owner of Demonoid.com, and signed the cease and desist demand. It is unclear whether Leaseweb treated this in the same manner in which they appealed for another client, Everlasting.nu.

Planning for this, Demonoid moved to Laval, Quebec, Canada to avoid BREIN's jurisdiction. The time needed to relocate was speculated to be the real reason behind the downtime, with BREIN describing it as a game of hide and seek.

On September 25, 2007, the Demonoid website, forums and trackers went off-line. They came back four days later with the exception of the website, which came back the day after. Over the next few days, the website continued experiencing intermittent downtime until October 2. The explanation as widely speculated was that they had received a letter from a lawyer for the Canadian Recording Industry Association threatening legal action. Demonoid began blocking Canadian traffic, a strategy similar to that taken by isoHunt and TorrentSpy in blocking American traffic to avoid RIAA complaints. Visitors from Canadian-based IPs would be redirected to the downtime version of the website, which contained an explanation of the legal threats.

The threats are in spite of the open question of the legality of music file sharing in Canada. The CRIA has neither confirmed nor denied its involvement despite Demonoid's claims.

On November 9, 2007, the website was shut down with a placeholder page, stating, "The CRIA threatened the company renting the servers to us, and because of this it is not possible to keep the site on-line. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your understanding." According to the IRC channel, the trackers themselves were not affected. Six days later, the placeholder page was updated with a link to a new forum, unrelated to file sharing, for the community. On November 29, 2007, Deimos posted on that forum a problem preventing the site from coming back up:

"Money is an issue, but the real problem at the moment is finding a suitable place to host the website. There has been no luck there. And there's some personal stuff I need to take care of that takes most of my time at the moment, and that does not help."

On April 10, 2008, Deimos stepped down as the administrator of Demonoid, citing a number of reasons and "distraction with real-world issues" as the cause. He also stated that he has "handed the reins over to a new administrator - a close friend of mine, which I trust completely and has the knowledge and time to take care of the site." Over the course of the next few days, RSS feeds for the site came back online and by April 16, 2008 a mass email was sent out to all Demonoid users to advise that the site was "finally back online." The servers are located in Ukraine.

The page currently reads:

A few months ago, the site administrator (known as Deimos), lacked the time necessary to maintain this website. And for personal reasons, Deimos decided to resign his position as a member of the site staff.

Before leaving, Deimos picked a new site administrator from among his friends. The old moderator team remained unchanged and will continue helping with the site. The Demonoid team will try to keep everything running just as it always has been.

The trackers and website seem to be working properly, and should any issues arise, they will be taken care of as soon as possible. If we work on any problems over the next few days, the site might be going on and offline. We apologize in advance if this should happen.

Welcome back and enjoy!

- Umlauf
Demonoid site admin

Also there is an unexplained issue that prevents access to the site from The Netherlands, Belgium and Brazil. Users are forced to use a proxy as workaround.
Quote:
What is a invite?
As Demonoid does not allow people to register anymore members are supplied with an allocated amount of invites per month, meaning that they can give codes to other people that they must then type in to be able to register.
[hide=500]
---------------------------------------------------------Anti Leech-------------------------------------------------------
Invite codes: (I get more every couple days.)

Total Given: 5

Register Link:
http://www.Demonoid.com/register.php?with_invite=1
[/hide]
Old 11-12-2008, 02:55 AM
Ezudian

Taylor is a splendid one to beholdTaylor is a splendid one to beholdTaylor is a splendid one to beholdTaylor is a splendid one to beholdTaylor is a splendid one to beholdTaylor is a splendid one to beholdTaylor is a splendid one to behold

[hide=50]I think the amount of invites you get is based on your upload ratio. If it is, then I have a bunch I could give out.

If you want one, PM me why.[/hide]
Old 11-12-2008, 03:52 AM
Ezudian

Taylor i cannot see that lol...
Old 11-12-2008, 05:16 AM
Ezudian

Taylor is a splendid one to beholdTaylor is a splendid one to beholdTaylor is a splendid one to beholdTaylor is a splendid one to beholdTaylor is a splendid one to beholdTaylor is a splendid one to beholdTaylor is a splendid one to behold

You don't need to, it doesn't affect you.

You can almost see it anyways.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:00 AM
Ezudian

Venom is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Venom

Thank you so much for this Swell! Rep ftw!

Only one left!
Old 11-12-2008, 08:31 AM
GIRLJOY
The Retro KING!

Siyico1 has a brilliant futureSiyico1 has a brilliant futureSiyico1 has a brilliant futureSiyico1 has a brilliant futureSiyico1 has a brilliant futureSiyico1 has a brilliant futureSiyico1 has a brilliant futureSiyico1 has a brilliant futureSiyico1 has a brilliant futureSiyico1 has a brilliant futureSiyico1 has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Siyico1

:o i want onee =0 i will 34+ rep.

Http://Ezud.com
Old 11-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Ezudian

I will pm you one when i get home from school.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Ezudian

Vanity has a brilliant futureVanity has a brilliant futureVanity has a brilliant futureVanity has a brilliant futureVanity has a brilliant futureVanity has a brilliant futureVanity has a brilliant futureVanity has a brilliant futureVanity has a brilliant futureVanity has a brilliant futureVanity has a brilliant future

i want one, also.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:35 PM
Ezudian

Robin Hood is just really niceRobin Hood is just really niceRobin Hood is just really niceRobin Hood is just really nice

i want one

Old 11-12-2008, 04:39 PM
Ezudian

It is for donators+ or if you got 500 posts, Sorry. This way i give rewards to people who have given to Ezud, whether it be their time or money.