Ezud.com Forum Home  
Ezud Home Ezud Forum  

Contact Us Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Ezud.com - Trolling Assistance Forum > Entertainment & Lifestyle > Guides & How-Tos

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2008, 05:53 AM
Ezudian

Stephen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Stephen
Default How to type, properly.

Well, I haven't seen a guide for this yet, so, here it is;

Okay, maybe it's just me but, every time I see something like" OH EM GEE hai guiz wots ^??/" I die a little inside. And, before someone responds with "LOL itz tha i net nub." Yes, It's the "Inet" But it also shows your complete lack of knowledge. Think about it, if you see two posts, one which contains "Lols haysup g?" And one that contains "Hey, What's up?" Which poster do you think took the time to think about what he said, and made himself look intelligent?

Enough of the rant, onto the guide.

When posting, always capitalize the first letter of a sentence. When starting a new paragraph, space it out from the first one. Always capitalize the letter I if it's by itself. Use apostrophes when conjoining a compound word, like it's (It is.) Proper nouns always get capitalized, like when stating a specific name of a general product, for example: Big Red. A persons name is capitalized, like Stephen. Use periods to end a sentence, otherwise it looks like one giant run-on sentence. Commas, use them, they separate ideas or thoughts in a sentence.

If you are unsure about the spelling of a word, Google it. This is in no way a complete grammar guide, just a few basics to help some people out.

The first person to correct this next paragraph, grammar and all, Will win my undying love, and something cool. (To be decided.) There is a maximum of five tries, so think carefully :)

hey everone, My name is stephen. and I like to play halo 3. its a fun gaem and all the peopel i no play it, bungie made halo 3, its super fun. i reely enjoy playin it but sometimes ther r stupid people that play it and they're attitudes piss me off. but its alright becuz i own them liek all day long. well thats it for me i will talk to you guys later.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:12 PM
Ezudian

Silver Commander is on a distinguished road

Seriously, it's pretty darn important to use decent grammar on the internet. It really seperates the fairly intelligent and likable from the noobish duds who like to spam forums (sorry if this is you.) I always try to use decent spelling and grammar, and while I might not get it perfect everytime, I think it's the effort that counts. The same goes for anyone - a few mistakes are fine, but in the long run, try to make it decent and you win my respect for first impression.

"Hey everyone! My name is Stephen and I like to play Halo 3. It’s a fun game and everyone I know plays it. Bungie is the company that made Halo 3, and they did a really good job! I really enjoy playing it, but sometimes there are stupid people that play it and their attitudes disgust me. But it’s alright, because I beat them at the game every time I play. Well, that’s it for me I will talk to you guys later."

There you go. I added some of my own bits to it, for variety, and because I think swear words are tacky and a show of poor intellience. Not to mention, words like "Own" arn't proper grammar to use either. I added a few other words in place of others to make the flow of the paragraph better too, however, I think it was choppy and fairly repetative. Don't go turning this in to your english teacher! =P
Old 09-15-2008, 05:16 PM
Ezudian

Jared is a glorious beacon of lightJared is a glorious beacon of lightJared is a glorious beacon of lightJared is a glorious beacon of lightJared is a glorious beacon of light

Oh god, GRAMMAR NEEBS :O

Just kidding, but on a more serious note, grammar is important to make you seem important on the internet, that's what separates 7/11 chan from ***** ;).

Welcome you two, and Stephen why not make a introduction thread?
Old 09-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Ezudian

Robin Hood is just really niceRobin Hood is just really niceRobin Hood is just really niceRobin Hood is just really nice

ummmm i lik chese and choclte! piza is als0 gud i a smrt kid two!

Old 09-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Ezudian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlord5666 View Post
ummmm i lik chese and choclte! piza is als0 gud i a smrt kid two!
Oh the irony...

And Jared, I did make an Introduction.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:19 PM
Ezudian

Jared is a glorious beacon of lightJared is a glorious beacon of lightJared is a glorious beacon of lightJared is a glorious beacon of lightJared is a glorious beacon of light

Oh, my appologies :)
Old 09-16-2008, 01:27 AM
Ezudian

Kori is on a distinguished road

You forgot a fullstop in the title.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:00 AM
GIRLJOY
The Retro KING!

Siyico1 has a brilliant futureSiyico1 has a brilliant futureSiyico1 has a brilliant futureSiyico1 has a brilliant futureSiyico1 has a brilliant futureSiyico1 has a brilliant futureSiyico1 has a brilliant futureSiyico1 has a brilliant futureSiyico1 has a brilliant futureSiyico1 has a brilliant futureSiyico1 has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Siyico1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kori View Post
Haha true, but it doesen't matter that much. ;]

Http://Ezud.com
Old 09-16-2008, 03:55 AM
Ezudian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kori View Post
Shit, I knew there was something. :/

Siyico: Hey i added a full stop for you. :)
Old 09-18-2008, 05:41 AM
GIRLJOY
The Retro KING!

Siyico1 has a brilliant futureSiyico1 has a brilliant futureSiyico1 has a brilliant futureSiyico1 has a brilliant futureSiyico1 has a brilliant futureSiyico1 has a brilliant futureSiyico1 has a brilliant futureSiyico1 has a brilliant futureSiyico1 has a brilliant futureSiyico1 has a brilliant futureSiyico1 has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Siyico1

Nice guide btw, will help newbies to type =D (Like Jared) haha xD.

Http://Ezud.com