Ezud.com Forum Home  
Ezud Home Ezud Forum  

Contact Us Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Ezud.com - Trolling Assistance Forum > Entertainment & Lifestyle > Debate

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 07:33 AM
Ezudian

GfMyS0n is a splendid one to beholdGfMyS0n is a splendid one to beholdGfMyS0n is a splendid one to beholdGfMyS0n is a splendid one to beholdGfMyS0n is a splendid one to beholdGfMyS0n is a splendid one to beholdGfMyS0n is a splendid one to beholdGfMyS0n is a splendid one to behold
Default Defining "Scammer"

Being a scammer or not a scammer on forums is a big thing within cheating communities, but is it needed?
All this hassle of finding scammers, banning them and such.

Heres the definition from Wikipedia:
"A confidence trick or confidence game (also known as a bunko, con, flim flam, gaffle, grift, scam, scheme, or swindle) is an attempt to defraud a person or group by gaining their confidence."

This definition shows us that scamming is an attempt at gaining something from someone. Alot of people are like, omg hes a scammzor ban him. But is it needed?

Scamming can be anything, so if you...
Phish Runescape/Anything
Crack Accounts

You are a scammer.

So why do people get banned if they scam? - mainly because the owner doesn't want them to harm the community again.
I personally think, there is no need for this stupid "scammer" rule, its just an excuse to some people so they can use it against you. I think you either trust someone or you dont, if there is proof they have scammed they SHOULDNT be banned, but just shown that they have scammed which will lower there reputation.

I have scammed at sythe before, yet i have MMed 50M for people, how i work is, if i like you chances are i won't scam you. - i dont do trades no more hence phishing.

So down with this "DO NOT SCAM" rule. Its not fucking sythe.
i have a question for you though, would you sell your mother for a AGS?
Jesus is my saviour.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:04 AM
Ezudian

Stian is on a distinguished road

Phishing is worse than scamming in a regular trade, as you take everything they have and their account also gets locked, and maybe banned if you use it to spam, etc...

www.smouch.net/lol
Old 10-09-2008, 03:52 PM
Ezudian

Silver Commander is on a distinguished road

I disagree.

Scamming is betraying the trust installed in you by another person. That's terrible. That person trusted you to carry out your end of the deal and you fell through. Now wheres the sport in that? It's one thing to set up a phishing site, where people fall into your trap through their own stupidity, or set up some sort of lie in game where you convince idiots to give you stuff because you can generate P-Hats or something, but in the sort of trades that you're talking about, it's just completely low to scam someone.

The kinds of trades that you're talking about it requires more than stupidity from the person to engage in it. Those people trust you, and probably have a good reason or two for doing so. To break that trust, which is completely an intimate thing. The people you're scamming are part of the community, they are your forummates, and are taking a gamble, with hope in their heart that you'll pull through on your end of the deal.

As I said before, it's just low to scam someone. People who are unable to appreciate honor to their name scam in this way. They don't deserve to be kept around. They violated the trust of one of their forummates, and added a bad light to the community. Who would want to join a community of backstabbing scammers?

Not I.

I think the rule should stand. If you violate the trust of another member by scamming, and furthur making a big deal about it, you should be banned. Lowering rep isn't enough. Treat your community with respect, or get out.

"Here's to the men and women who did what was considered wrong, in order to do what they knew was right."

"With a dishonest man you can always trust him to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you have to watch out for, because you never know when he's going to do something dishonest."
Old 10-09-2008, 04:46 PM
Ezudian

Robin Hood is just really niceRobin Hood is just really niceRobin Hood is just really niceRobin Hood is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Commander View Post
I disagree.

Scamming is betraying the trust installed in you by another person. That's terrible. That person trusted you to carry out your end of the deal and you fell through. Now wheres the sport in that? It's one thing to set up a phishing site, where people fall into your trap through their own stupidity, or set up some sort of lie in game where you convince idiots to give you stuff because you can generate P-Hats or something, but in the sort of trades that you're talking about, it's just completely low to scam someone.

The kinds of trades that you're talking about it requires more than stupidity from the person to engage in it. Those people trust you, and probably have a good reason or two for doing so. To break that trust, which is completely an intimate thing. The people you're scamming are part of the community, they are your forummates, and are taking a gamble, with hope in their heart that you'll pull through on your end of the deal.

As I said before, it's just low to scam someone. People who are unable to appreciate honor to their name scam in this way. They don't deserve to be kept around. They violated the trust of one of their forummates, and added a bad light to the community. Who would want to join a community of backstabbing scammers?

Not I.

I think the rule should stand. If you violate the trust of another member by scamming, and furthur making a big deal about it, you should be banned. Lowering rep isn't enough. Treat your community with respect, or get out.

i partly agree with this, it is the people own stupidity in 'stat editors' and other crap that backstabs them in the end XD

Old 10-10-2008, 07:51 AM
Ezudian

Oysto will become famous soon enoughOysto will become famous soon enough

Here's my point of view. If you're stupid enough to get scammed, you deserve it. If you're smart enough not to fall for that shit, gj.
2) Unhook the hard drive and mail it to me
3) Take out the process and mail it to me

Seeing a pattern yet?

Transcending powers are with those who live and die by the blade.

What is***65279; it with religious people and fire?
Do you guys enjoy watching people burn?
Old 10-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Ezudian

GfMyS0n is a splendid one to beholdGfMyS0n is a splendid one to beholdGfMyS0n is a splendid one to beholdGfMyS0n is a splendid one to beholdGfMyS0n is a splendid one to beholdGfMyS0n is a splendid one to beholdGfMyS0n is a splendid one to beholdGfMyS0n is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oysto View Post
Here's my point of view. If you're stupid enough to get scammed, you deserve it. If you're smart enough not to fall for that shit, gj.
Exactly what im thinking
+Rep
i have a question for you though, would you sell your mother for a AGS?
Jesus is my saviour.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:56 PM
Ezudian

halosniper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to halosniper Send a message via Yahoo to halosniper
Send a message via ICQ to halosniper Send a message via AIM to halosniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oysto View Post
yap i aggre and another way i see it is get scammed once is understandable depending on the scam get scammed more then once shame on u
Old 10-11-2008, 06:16 AM
Ezudian

Oysto will become famous soon enoughOysto will become famous soon enough

I've gotten scammed three times, all different types. Now, I know what the scams are. It does take some trial and error not to get scammed. Although you're still kinda stupid if you fall for the same scam more than once.
2) Unhook the hard drive and mail it to me
3) Take out the process and mail it to me

Seeing a pattern yet?

Transcending powers are with those who live and die by the blade.

What is***65279; it with religious people and fire?
Do you guys enjoy watching people burn?
Old 11-28-2008, 11:26 AM
Ezudian

System Of A Down is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to System Of A Down

You are a true (ex)-scammer. Just liek most of us lol..

When I first started RS, I did the infamous I'll trim your Black/Addy armor for free! Back when black sets were 10k, this was easy money. I did this between barb. village and fally, because people often walked alone there. Then I moved to making lvl 3s named.. M0d Stev3n and so on, and messaging players about their account being in danger, and only me saving them. But I had to log onto their acc.

After, I scammed a level 95, I was in heaven. (I STILL have it, but tis a 115 now), I'd give the acc to someone rich. and say I'm quitting. They'd trade all their stuff to my account, and I'd be instantly rich after I recovered it. (The most I got was a white phat)

Then I quit, came back this year and got a few more main accs (100-155s) and realize dmaking money the old ways was insanely hard. So I earne dmoney legitly, and now have 50m and a 3a kite. Woot.

Scamming is taking advantage of others stupidity, To be honest that definiton is extremely vague. I don't know why people scam now, because it is near impossible to trasnfer money. I don't now because it sucks, I've lost tons, but made tons too. RS is changed a ton (no merching) so basically every old way of doing things is ruined, and must be re-done.

Glitching is my new art. With TO I found it extremely fun to glitch and be a respected member of a community (R.I.P. 700 posts). It is much more fulfilling to glitch, and you don't get cussed out every time you make money!
Old 11-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Ezudian

Vista has a brilliant futureVista has a brilliant futureVista has a brilliant futureVista has a brilliant futureVista has a brilliant futureVista has a brilliant futureVista has a brilliant futureVista has a brilliant futureVista has a brilliant futureVista has a brilliant futureVista has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Vista

We already have our issues with scamming here.
And if we don't enforce it at all, it will turn into Sythe.
Even with the tiny black market we have.

And I'm sure nobody wants this to be like Sythe.