Ezud.com Forum Home  
Ezud Home Ezud Forum  

Contact Us Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Ezud.com - Trolling Assistance Forum > Entertainment & Lifestyle > Debate

Closed Thread

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2008, 01:32 PM
Ezudian

Tranquility is a splendid one to beholdTranquility is a splendid one to beholdTranquility is a splendid one to beholdTranquility is a splendid one to beholdTranquility is a splendid one to beholdTranquility is a splendid one to beholdTranquility is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Tranquility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip View Post
I suppose I can call a carrot god, it's more real than the supposed 'real thing'
Why does 'he' get worshiped but I don't, whilst I'm actually real.
What have you done for humanity. Have you created a worldwide religion. Have you raised everyone's spirit? Have you made something that people look forward to after death. So if i were you i wouldn't talk like that.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:47 PM
Ezudian

Dorito is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Dorito

You guys are so hypocritical it's actually somewhat funny. Some people say that they don't see how a God could exist and how He just happened to put the planets together along with everything else exists.

You're right, a cell appearing out of nowhere, the big bang, it's all so much more believable? No.

One thing a lot of people misunderstand is that you can believe in God, and evolution. I'm a Catholic, so from my point of view, a lot of people say the Church teaches that everything was God's will and God's will alone. Well, as everything that happened was part of God's plan, that doesn't mean that evolution didn't help create what is now here or change what was already there.

As a Catholic, one of our beliefs we must believe in is simply God had a hand in creation, somewhere.

I hear people say, well, until it's proven, I'm not believing in God. Well, I can say the same thing, until science can prove to me that the big bang happened, until they can tell me where that very first piece of matter came from, until they can tell me how 1 out of 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 happened, where all the matter just randomly and happened to come together to create what we now live in, to come together and create us, human beings, I will believe in God.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:21 PM
Banned

Pyron is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquility View Post
Ok i believe there is a "Higher Beeing" but you call him what you want.
I like this statement. Not everyone likes to call our 'higher being' God, but at least 80% of everyone believes in a 'higher being' of some sort.

God or a 'higher being' is something that only the intellectual and learned can understand but something everyone can believe in. There are countless theories against a god and for a god. Countless.

However Dorito brings up some excellent point. Superb! I agree with Dorito; evolution and god go hand in hand and sithlord5666 even touched on the uncaused cause theory by Thomas Aquinos - which follows the 4 other famous theories that anyone in a religious school should have learned. If not, it should be fun to explain.

Just because we can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist; this is called faith.

Believe or disbelieve, I do not care; I'm arguing that there is a higher being.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:36 PM
Ezudian

Flip will become famous soon enough

Quote:
What have you done for humanity. Have you created a worldwide religion. Have you raised everyone's spirit? Have you made something that people look forward to after death. So if i were you i wouldn't talk like that.
I've given myself something to look forward to and have gave myself my own religion.
I am Jesus.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip View Post
I've given myself something to look forward to and have gave myself my own religion.
I am Jesus.
Don't bother wasting your time in this debate if you don't want to be serious. A matter like this has no time for your mockery or unlearned mind.

On another note....

Quote:
Originally Posted by #21 View Post
And you say "Higher Being". Does this mean you think the supposed "God" would have a human form? If so, then that is outrageous, as it is proven that humans cannot survive elsewhere. This leads me to conclude that you think this "God" is on earth. As we have not discovered this "God" for how many centuries, I think that there is no way that a "God" could have / still exist.
*cough* Jesus Christ *cough*
Old 10-31-2008, 04:12 PM
Ezudian

GfMyS0n is a splendid one to beholdGfMyS0n is a splendid one to beholdGfMyS0n is a splendid one to beholdGfMyS0n is a splendid one to beholdGfMyS0n is a splendid one to beholdGfMyS0n is a splendid one to beholdGfMyS0n is a splendid one to beholdGfMyS0n is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorito View Post
You guys are so hypocritical it's actually somewhat funny. Some people say that they don't see how a God could exist and how He just happened to put the planets together along with everything else exists.

You're right, a cell appearing out of nowhere, the big bang, it's all so much more believable? No.

One thing a lot of people misunderstand is that you can believe in God, and evolution. I'm a Catholic, so from my point of view, a lot of people say the Church teaches that everything was God's will and God's will alone. Well, as everything that happened was part of God's plan, that doesn't mean that evolution didn't help create what is now here or change what was already there.

As a Catholic, one of our beliefs we must believe in is simply God had a hand in creation, somewhere.

I hear people say, well, until it's proven, I'm not believing in God. Well, I can say the same thing, until science can prove to me that the big bang happened, until they can tell me where that very first piece of matter came from, until they can tell me how 1 out of 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 happened, where all the matter just randomly and happened to come together to create what we now live in, to come together and create us, human beings, I will believe in God.
That touched me .
;)
i have a question for you though, would you sell your mother for a AGS?
Jesus is my saviour.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:53 PM
Ezudian

xel will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Has anybody? Has God? No. The idea of a 'god' has.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:25 PM
Ezudian

Hippyguy7 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ok how bout this we all believe what we believe and we can't change that. Since i was brought up Lutheran thats what i believe.
Now if you believe in atheism thats what you believe. You can't disprove anything or approve anything if there isn't any existince of it.
Whatever you believe is how you will end up maybe you'll die and go to heaven maybe you'll die and do what atheists do.
It's just your opinion and don't try to ruin someones Cathlic point of view just to prove a point.
So you prefer to blindfold yourself in order to avoid what may or may not be true? You choose to blatantly ignore the viewpoints of others, instead accepting what you first thought to be true as the one and only truth? You choose to treat religion, something that you no doubt live your life by as no more than a personal opinion?

I can understand you not being an extremist, and not wanting to intrude upon the views of others, as there are many out there who are just like who you are acting like right now.

I'm saying this to you because you seem like a smart guy, and I'd hate for you to not even consider the other possiblities out there.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:45 PM
Ezudian

Hippyguy7 is on a distinguished road

An Addition:

Religion as a whole makes 0 sense. We know nothing. 0. nada. Religion is a way of humans trying to explain what we cannot understand by implementing the idea of "magic". If you think of magic as an unexplainable force, then god is definitely a magical force.
Throughout history, humans have attempted to explain the unexplainable using magic. In the middle ages, if someone were to contract a virus, then there were supposedly infected not by a biological illness, but instead by a demonic/spiritual/magical force. It was thought at those times that allowing someone to bleed when they had been hurt would drain the evil spirits from their bodies.
Once again, magic.
As we began to understand these things, we came up with more rational theories of the ailments as well as treatments for such. Now, we seal up wounds and use drugs to cure illnesses.
But what don't we understand?
Oh, right. What we as a race still have troubles grasping is our origin, where we came from, at the VERY START.
We have many theories, ranging from an all-knowing being with whom we have no idea how he got here, and are for some reason COMFORTABLE WITH THAT MAJOR FLAW who created us all, blesses us all, and damns us all, having known this is all going to happen in advance; yet is still revered as a benevolent being.
We also have the other wide range of less-followed reiligions such as Muslim, Hindu, Buddhism, etc, etc, etc. All of which have their obvious flaws.
The big bang is also flawed, for the record.
More later. Thanks and good night.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippyguy7 View Post
An Addition:

Religion as a whole makes 0 sense. We know nothing. 0. nada. Religion is a way of humans trying to explain what we cannot understand by implementing the idea of "magic". If you think of magic as an unexplainable force, then god is definitely a magical force.
It makes zero sense to bury, remorse and remember our dead relatives? It makes zero sense to celebrate the union of life and happiness? It makes zero sense to love and respect our parents, our brothers and our sisters? It makes zero sense to help those less fortunate then us, to be caring human beings? So if religion makes zero sense, then it must make perfect (100%) sense to kill anyone, to steal anything and to do whatever we want - chaotic or otherwise. So I beg to differ that religion makes more than zero sense.

God isn't an unexplainable force, he is an unproved force according to atheists. Religion isn't a way of trying to explain things we can't explain. Its a way of living life. When humanity wasn't as advanced as we are now the only thing people could do was live their life, hence religion. As religion grew so did our knowledge; the church expanded as the most educated place and is the origins of our deeper education. When knowledge is wrong it isn't useless. We as humans could not have gotten here today without learning from our mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippyguy7 View Post
Oh, right. What we as a race still have troubles grasping is our origin, where we came from, at the VERY START.
We have many theories, ranging from an all-knowing being with whom we have no idea how he got here, and are for some reason COMFORTABLE WITH THAT MAJOR FLAW who created us all, blesses us all, and damns us all, having known this is all going to happen in advance; yet is still revered as a benevolent being.
We also have the other wide range of less-followed reiligions such as Muslim, Hindu, Buddhism, etc, etc, etc. All of which have their obvious flaws.
The big bang is also flawed, for the record.
More later. Thanks and good night.
Everything has flaws because nothing is perfect; objects have properties to greater or lesser extents. Some things are hotter or colder, stronger or weaker and smarter or dumber. Yet in order for such things to exist there must exist a maximum degree of perfections and a minimum degree of perfection; the maximum perfection being a god. If a god existed in our world he would not be perfect because he'd be tangible and contingent, so he exists outside our world.
Closed Thread