Ezud.com Forum Home  
Ezud Home Ezud Forum  

Contact Us Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Ezud.com - Trolling Assistance Forum > Entertainment & Lifestyle > Debate

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2009, 08:27 AM
Legendary

Air is a name known to allAir is a name known to allAir is a name known to allAir is a name known to allAir is a name known to allAir is a name known to all
Default Grammar and 1337speak

Debate on the topic of Internet Grammar. Should one use proper grammar when speaking on forums?

I believe that forums require proper grammar to attract members, but MSN is okay for talking in 1337speak. What I personally do is filter 1337speak words into proper words therefore giving a sensible look to my forums. Debate. What is your opinion on talking properly?
Old 02-16-2009, 08:55 AM
Ezudian

Vista has a brilliant futureVista has a brilliant futureVista has a brilliant futureVista has a brilliant futureVista has a brilliant futureVista has a brilliant futureVista has a brilliant futureVista has a brilliant futureVista has a brilliant futureVista has a brilliant futureVista has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Vista

Nice topic.
I believe that everyone should know, and use proper grammar.
It just doesn't have to be a 100% of the time thing. I'll use good grammar a lot of the time, but then I'll mix in a "3" for an "e" to mix it up.
I don't go all out with it and stuff, it's sometimes just funny to talk like that with people.
Mmm, but yes everyone should have and practice good grammar skills.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:12 AM
Ezudian

juvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to juvenilepunk Send a message via Yahoo to juvenilepunk Send a message via Skype™ to juvenilepunk
Send a message via ICQ to juvenilepunk Send a message via AIM to juvenilepunk

Proper grammar should be used at all times. Why let others think you are less of an intellectual by talking with "1337". Especially on a forum where you are trying to impress.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:43 AM
Ezudian

UWILLLUVME is on a distinguished road

1337 5p34k 0wn5

B)
Old 02-16-2009, 09:54 AM
Ezudian

Vista has a brilliant futureVista has a brilliant futureVista has a brilliant futureVista has a brilliant futureVista has a brilliant futureVista has a brilliant futureVista has a brilliant futureVista has a brilliant futureVista has a brilliant futureVista has a brilliant futureVista has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Vista

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWILLLUVME View Post
1337 5p34k 0wn5

B)
Instead of spamming for your post count in the Debate section, would you like to list some reasoning behind your choice?
Old 02-16-2009, 11:23 AM
Ezudian

Tranquility is a splendid one to beholdTranquility is a splendid one to beholdTranquility is a splendid one to beholdTranquility is a splendid one to beholdTranquility is a splendid one to beholdTranquility is a splendid one to beholdTranquility is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Tranquility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
Instead of spamming for your post count in the Debate section, would you like to list some reasoning behind your choice?
Lmfao, Vista I love you dude.

On topic: I personally think you should use a little bit of both. In most conversations over Msn, or in the shoutbox, you don't use periods and such. But, when posting use proper grammar. It actually makes you look a lot more intelligent when you speak properly.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Ezudian

TheGopher is just really niceTheGopher is just really niceTheGopher is just really niceTheGopher is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to TheGopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWILLLUVME View Post
1337 5p34k 0wn5

B)
Idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vista View Post
Non-idiot.

See what I'm getting at?

[X][X][X]

Also,
SHAMWOW
Old 02-16-2009, 07:26 PM
Ezudian

Jello has a brilliant futureJello has a brilliant futureJello has a brilliant futureJello has a brilliant futureJello has a brilliant futureJello has a brilliant futureJello has a brilliant futureJello has a brilliant futureJello has a brilliant futureJello has a brilliant futureJello has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Jello Send a message via Yahoo to Jello Send a message via Skype™ to Jello
Send a message via ICQ to Jello Send a message via AIM to Jello

In my opinion, proper grammar is necessary for forums to sound more professional. I will sometimes uses "1337 Speak" while joking around with my friends, but after long periods of time, it starts to get annoying. It's very unprofessional and may detour other members from joining.

[X] [X] [X]
Old 02-17-2009, 04:00 PM
Ezudian

iCrunch is on a distinguished road

I essentially think people should be able to type in any way they want. But I often judge people by how often they use "Leetspeak", and find it hard to take people seriously when they tok lyk dis.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:00 AM
Ezudian

Csg999 has much to be proud ofCsg999 has much to be proud ofCsg999 has much to be proud ofCsg999 has much to be proud ofCsg999 has much to be proud ofCsg999 has much to be proud ofCsg999 has much to be proud ofCsg999 has much to be proud ofCsg999 has much to be proud of

I think 1337 depends on the time.

Say if u make a thread, that requires proper grammar as comared to general posting 'sometimes' can use 1337.

I guess though its mainly a persons choice.

Owned by teh sig?