Ezud.com Forum Home  
Ezud Home Ezud Forum  

Contact Us Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Ezud.com - Trolling Assistance Forum > Entertainment & Lifestyle > Debate

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 08:26 AM
Ezudian

Envy has much to be proud ofEnvy has much to be proud ofEnvy has much to be proud ofEnvy has much to be proud ofEnvy has much to be proud ofEnvy has much to be proud ofEnvy has much to be proud ofEnvy has much to be proud ofEnvy has much to be proud ofEnvy has much to be proud of
Default Does all Music require knowledge of theory?

I will be active in this topic for sure.

I've recently had an argument with a friend on the topic stated in the name. He claims that you don't need to know anything about music theory to make music, that people make music by just making it.

My opinion on this is that no matter what form of music you play there are ALWAYS rules as to how it should sound or be created. Even in metal there are rules that must be followed. You will never hear any metal band play in any major keys or do a solo in major keys, it's all minor keys. There are specific rhythmic rules that every music follows, you won't hear any metal song that plays in just quarter notes and half notes, it's just not allowed or considered metal. Even in 12-tone music, the most chaotic sounding thing has its own specific guidelines when it comes to composing it. Even rap has rules to follow. Music has rules that must always be followed even if you don't know it by the book a person plays music by what they KNOW has to be done and by how they KNOW it must be done, every once in a while you will have people that expand or even bend rules (for example, Cradle of Filth ) but they all follow the guidelines set for music.

Discuss, if there's a term someone doesn't understand feel free to ask and I will be glad to answer it.

Sigs
[X][X][X][X][X][X][X]

[X][X]
Old 11-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Ezudian

GfMyS0n is a splendid one to beholdGfMyS0n is a splendid one to beholdGfMyS0n is a splendid one to beholdGfMyS0n is a splendid one to beholdGfMyS0n is a splendid one to beholdGfMyS0n is a splendid one to beholdGfMyS0n is a splendid one to beholdGfMyS0n is a splendid one to behold

As for rap, this kid clearly shows how rap artists make there music, they get tons of $$ for this: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2JGqFQB-jmg

This video shows Rap following no rules at all as in producing music.
You can make rap songs with a £50 keyboard, which is not needed in the music economy.
i have a question for you though, would you sell your mother for a AGS?
Jesus is my saviour.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Proud Linux User

LinkMaster03 is a splendid one to beholdLinkMaster03 is a splendid one to beholdLinkMaster03 is a splendid one to beholdLinkMaster03 is a splendid one to beholdLinkMaster03 is a splendid one to beholdLinkMaster03 is a splendid one to beholdLinkMaster03 is a splendid one to beholdLinkMaster03 is a splendid one to behold

If you go as far as to consider rap music, then no. But still, I don't think composing music requires knowledge of theory. Good music may, but just music does not.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:23 PM
Ezudian

juvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to juvenilepunk Send a message via Yahoo to juvenilepunk Send a message via Skype™ to juvenilepunk
Send a message via ICQ to juvenilepunk Send a message via AIM to juvenilepunk

I don't quite understand, are you saying that if you are enlisted in a certain genre you must play the same music style as other bands in that genre?
Old 11-06-2008, 02:22 PM
Ezudian

Envy has much to be proud ofEnvy has much to be proud ofEnvy has much to be proud ofEnvy has much to be proud ofEnvy has much to be proud ofEnvy has much to be proud ofEnvy has much to be proud ofEnvy has much to be proud ofEnvy has much to be proud ofEnvy has much to be proud of

No, that you must play in a similar boundary as to where people can say you are that specified genre, you can't play black metal with trumpets and saxaphones

Sigs
[X][X][X][X][X][X][X]

[X][X]
Old 11-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Ezudian

juvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to juvenilepunk Send a message via Yahoo to juvenilepunk Send a message via Skype™ to juvenilepunk
Send a message via ICQ to juvenilepunk Send a message via AIM to juvenilepunk

Oh, then I agree with you.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:29 AM
Banned

Pyron is an unknown quantity at this point

Creating music does not benefit society. I suggest you avoid it at all costs if you want to contribute to our world in a positive, meaningful manner. Theory or free-verse or whatever else music-makers make. just don't do it.