Ezud.com Forum Home  
Ezud Home Ezud Forum  

Contact Us Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Ezud.com - Trolling Assistance Forum > Entertainment & Lifestyle > Debate

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 04:23 PM
Ezudian

Ultralomaniac can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to Ultralomaniac
Default Capital Punishment

Few states of the USA aprove of using capital punishment

Capital punishment is the same as lethal injection. if a crime commited is of great enough value, some states will allow the criminal to be killed off.

Now my questions for you are:

1. Do you believe capital punishment is morally just?

2. Do you think capital punishment should be altered to make it more effective?

3. Do you think capital punishment should be implimented more?
Old 01-13-2009, 04:57 PM
High Donator

Brian is a splendid one to beholdBrian is a splendid one to beholdBrian is a splendid one to beholdBrian is a splendid one to beholdBrian is a splendid one to beholdBrian is a splendid one to beholdBrian is a splendid one to beholdBrian is a splendid one to behold

Honestly.... you made me wait..... 10 flippin minutes to send me this link! Egad! you narb! :)
Old 01-13-2009, 04:58 PM
Ezudian

fricken. constructive debate plawks!
Old 01-13-2009, 05:06 PM
Ezudian

TheGopher is just really niceTheGopher is just really niceTheGopher is just really niceTheGopher is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to TheGopher

No. "Why do we kill people to show people that kill people that killing is wrong?" "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" Need more quotes?

Yes, It should be removed completely. It has been proven that states that don't implement the death penalty have lower crime rates than states that do. Also in my honest opinion, I think that sitting in jail for your entire life is 1,000 times worse than dying. Death is just a relief. Boredom by sitting in jail for your entire life with no hopes of parole and just sitting there "rotting away" is suffocating. Why do so many inmates try to commit suicide? It's because jail is a far better punishment. I would take the death penalty over life in prison any day.

3. Do you think capital punishment should be implemented more?
No.

By the questions you asked, I can safely infer that you support the death penalty. Sometimes you have to look at a situation from both sides to choose the best option. Most people who support the death penalty just look at it from the victim's point of view. Yes, if you are the victim, you will want revenge (usually by the worst thing possible, which most people consider to be death) but if you look at it from the inmate's point of view, you will be lucky to get the relief of being sent to death row.

[X][X][X]

Also,
SHAMWOW
Old 01-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Ezudian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGopher View Post
No. "Why do we kill people to show people that kill people that killing is wrong?" "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" Need more quotes?

Yes, It should be removed completely. It has been proven that states that don't implement the death penalty have lower crime rates than states that do. Also in my honest opinion, I think that sitting in jail for your entire life is 1,000 times worse than dying. Death is just a relief. Boredom by sitting in jail for your entire life with no hopes of parole and just sitting there "rotting away" is suffocating. Why do so many inmates try to commit suicide? It's because jail is a far better punishment. I would take the death penalty over life in prison any day.

3. Do you think capital punishment should be implemented more?
No.

By the questions you asked, I can safely infer that you support the death penalty. Sometimes you have to look at a situation from both sides to choose the best option. Most people who support the death penalty just look at it from the victim's point of view. Yes, if you are the victim, you will want revenge (usually by the worst thing possible, which most people consider to be death) but if you look at it from the inmate's point of view, you will be lucky to get the relief of being sent to death row.

We kill people to show that it is wrong because it signifies the end. this means that if you do something that would sentence you to death, it is the last thing you will ever do, and you will never make anything of yourself

Quote:
The average murder rate for the 38 states with capital punishment was 5.22 murders per 100,000 people. The average murder rate for the 13 states (including the District of Columbia) without capital punishment was 5.96. So in fact the states with capital punishment had a lower murder rate, but not dramatically lower. Not enough to really prove anything.
so no, states with capital punishment have less crime rates.

Lets say you robbed a store and killed the store manager, and you thusly get sentenced life to prison. you're 22 years old. you live the rest of your life in jail, and die at the age of 62 from heart attack from all the shitty food you had to eat all those years
You spend 40 years in prison
You know what 40 years in prison means?
1 year in prison= 19,308$ to house one inmate.
40 years in prison= 772,320$ of my tax money that had to go to keeping you in a cage.
Is this fair to the taxpayers? inmates don't have to pay taxes.

As for inmate wanting to be killed:
Why does it matter?
for this reason, the death penalty should be painful, not something that can best be described as "a lethal overdose of barbituates and narcotics."
Bring back the noose.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:43 PM
Ezudian

TheGopher is just really niceTheGopher is just really niceTheGopher is just really niceTheGopher is just really nice

In terms of practicality, you win.

Philosophically, I win.

[X][X][X]

Also,
SHAMWOW
Old 01-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Ezudian

What philosiphy? these ideas of mine promote my own philosophy

If by philosophy you mean humanitarian, then yes, you do win.
but the ideals of liberal extremists are not the same ideals of the general public.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:19 PM
Ezudian

Ok philosophy was the wrong word but you got what I meant.

Sorry xD

[X][X][X]

Also,
SHAMWOW
Old 01-13-2009, 06:36 PM
Ezudian

Robin Hood is just really niceRobin Hood is just really niceRobin Hood is just really niceRobin Hood is just really nice

no

no

3. Do you think capital punishment should be implimented more?

no, i beilive it should be stopped, if it was me id rather be in jail...live more...i couldnt stand to be told i would be given an inject that would end my life...not that id do anything that would make that happen... there probably many inoocent people accused of crimes they didnt commit which are horrible ones that have been given it in false accusations....i think its wrong no matter who you are or what you did

Old 01-13-2009, 10:22 PM
Ezudian

juvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud ofjuvenilepunk has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to juvenilepunk Send a message via Yahoo to juvenilepunk Send a message via Skype™ to juvenilepunk
Send a message via ICQ to juvenilepunk Send a message via AIM to juvenilepunk

I could care less if they lethally inject them or shoot them at pointblank range. I would just prefer that they let them rot in jail for the rest of their lives.

Tags
convict, criminal, death row, die, lethal injection