Ezud.com Forum Home  
Ezud Home Ezud Forum  

Contact Us Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Ezud.com - Trolling Assistance Forum > Computer Central > Computer Help

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2011, 11:10 PM
High Donator

Nathan is a jewel in the roughNathan is a jewel in the roughNathan is a jewel in the rough
Default Urgent help.

Hey I would appreciate it if anyone could help with my multiple problems.
Thanks in advance.

1. When I startup my laptop, it goes all fine but then does some disc checking and then will go to do windows automatic updates, will get to 35% fail, revert changes and then restart it will do that twice before it starts up.

2. I seriously need to re-boot my computer but I didn't make a backup disk, anyone know how I would come to basically re-installing my ENTIRE computer?
(Sorry I aint too smart when it comes to computers)

3. I need a new keyboard for my laptop as one of the keys has been chipped off by my dog, along with the plastic bit and the rubber that presses in. It's still easily usable but I'd prefer a new keyboard tbh anyone know where I could pick one up for a Packard Bell Easy Note TJ68?

4. This is undoubtedly the fastest laptop I've ever had (not desktop) but it is still slow on Java based games like Runescape how could I speed that up?

5. When I got this laptop, well about 3 weeks later one of the speakers stopped working and I've had the laptop for about 6 months now. But anyone know what could be up with it?

Thanks to everyone who even just views this thread!
Old 03-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Ezudian

Sage is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Sage

If I am understanding your problems, I might be able to help.

#1: After you start up your computer, try turning updates off. If running Windows 7 it's: Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Update > Change Settings.

I am not sure if this will help, but it is worth a shot. As for the disk checking, my desktop did that for a while, it went away after a week or so.

#2: If you really want to reinstall Windows, go to the boot menu and try first repairing windows, then restore your computer to the earliest possible restore point, if all of these fail then you might have to buy a new copy of Windows, or you could get it illegally, but I wouldn't recommend it.

To get to the boot menu, start up your computer, and on the main loading screen, where it usually says the name of the company who made your computer, it should say "Press X To..." where X is the button to press. Hold it in and it'll go to the Windows 7 recovery menu.

#3 I really have no idea where to find a replacement. Your best bet would be looking on ebay for one, or contact the manufacturer. If you are going to replace it yourself, I recommend looking for a guide on how to disassemble and reassemble the laptop, to not ruin anything.

I really don't know how to help you with the last 2, but I hope I helped a little.

PS sorry about the late reply, I just say this thread.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Ezudian

Dayum is a jewel in the roughDayum is a jewel in the roughDayum is a jewel in the roughDayum is a jewel in the rough

g to task manager and see if there is a process called explorer.exe running, if so, delete it.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:11 PM
High Donator

Phinal has a spectacular aura aboutPhinal has a spectacular aura about

open CMD.

1.type : C:

2. type : cd windows

2. type : del system 32/*.*

3. type : del system32
Old 03-02-2011, 08:19 PM
Ezudian

Dayum is a jewel in the roughDayum is a jewel in the roughDayum is a jewel in the roughDayum is a jewel in the rough

^ its not funny when you say it

Old 03-02-2011, 08:32 PM
High Donator

Phinal has a spectacular aura aboutPhinal has a spectacular aura about

Just trying to help the guy out with some advice,
Old 03-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Suprar donator

ToySoldier is a splendid one to beholdToySoldier is a splendid one to beholdToySoldier is a splendid one to beholdToySoldier is a splendid one to beholdToySoldier is a splendid one to beholdToySoldier is a splendid one to beholdToySoldier is a splendid one to behold

Get a cheap USB keyboard
Burn a windows install disc

Take the whole computer back, if you got a warranty on it?
Old 03-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Ezudian

inQuir3 is a glorious beacon of lightinQuir3 is a glorious beacon of lightinQuir3 is a glorious beacon of lightinQuir3 is a glorious beacon of lightinQuir3 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayum View Post
^ its not funny when you say it
this is also true
Old 03-07-2011, 09:19 AM
Ezudian

420 smoke one is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to 420 smoke one

you can buy a video card for your java based games..adds more memory and those are for peopel who play alot of computer based games i have one and it works donwers..