Ezud.com Forum Home  
Ezud Home Ezud Forum  

Contact Us Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Ezud.com - Trolling Assistance Forum > Entertainment & Lifestyle > Graphics & Art

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2008, 05:26 AM
Ezudian

Unknown has a spectacular aura aboutUnknown has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Unknown
Default Defined guide to a pixel

Defined Guide to a Pixel

If this topic helps you, don't be afraid to rep+

I would like to take this opportunity, to define pixel art. Many times i have seen so called "pixels" when truly they do not fit into that class. Pixel art is simple enough : the controlled action of placing your pixels individually.
Note: This guide was not made to make you become a master pixel artist, it was made to help you understand the true meaning of pixel art. Experimenting within pixel art is up to your discretion.

I shall create a list of the do's and dont's for pixel art:
  • Do not use Auto Anti-aliasing, this does not show skill or patience, two things budding pixel artists need to learn!
  • Although many programs can be worked for pixel art, it is best to set yourself a basis with a simple program such as Microsoft Paint for PC or Paintbrush for MAC computers.
  • Using things such as filters and other techniques which show digital-art qualities such as smudging or blurring is not pixel art!
  • You are allowed to use a reference for images, although tracing is frowned upon unless tracing your own pixel art. Remember we want creativity!
  • Shading is classed and finding a definitive lightsource(s) and applying them to an image. Do not mistake this with coloring!
  • Blending consists of using shading and color to define how something would look when shaded and colored.
  • Line Art is the only form of "Pixel art" you do not need to be strict on. Line art is only mainly used for basic ideas and images.
Here is some examples of pixel art, shading and its forms, to give you a rough idea of what you should expect to see in a pixel.Credits to Derek Yu for the information.

The reason for the bad examples in there such as the bad line art. Is to show you misplaced lines, or lines that are to short or to big. Using your own styles you can find which things work well, and which things don't work as well as you had hoped. The examples of artwork below are from some of the top pixel artists, ranging downwards. Remember the only way to get better is by practicing and experimenting with the correct methods.

Pixel art examples:

Many of these examples belong to some of the best pixel artists, do not put yourself down if you believe your artwork is not to their standards (they have created pixel art for a long time now) When starting out with pixel art your not expected to know every single thing about it. Everything takes time!

If you need any help with inspiration, tutorials and vast amounts of pixel help, PixelJoint is a very good website to get help from.

Remember that whatever pixel art you create, is yours. Your not expected to be able to make a masterpiece any time soon. Pixel art is all about concept, and experimenting within pixel art is a great way of finding new techniques. If you scan through galleries of pixel artists you noticed the development of style and concept.
Thank-you for reading!
Old 08-08-2008, 06:51 AM
Ezudian

It's Me will become famous soon enough

Links=Broken.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:11 AM
Ezudian

Unknown has a spectacular aura aboutUnknown has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Unknown

Links fixed, thankyou It's Me.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Ezudian