Ezud.com - Trolling Assistance Forum

Ezud.com - Trolling Assistance Forum (http://ezud.com/forum/index.php)
-   Debate (http://ezud.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   Does the UK need a Monarchy - Debate (http://ezud.com/forum/showthread.php?t=763)

Unknown 07-27-2008 04:07 AM

Does the UK need a Monarchy - Debate

Well what do you think? We have a Queen yet what does she do/not do? Is the Monarchy really needed, if so why/why not?

Does the royal family really need all those luxuries? And why isn't the Queen taxed, should she be? Why/why not?

There we go! start debating!

Zolid 07-27-2008 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknown (Post 7754)
Well what do you think? We have a Queen yet what does she do/not do? Is the Monarchy really needed, if so why/why not?

Does the royal family really need all those luxuries? And why isn't the Queen taxed, should she be? Why/why not?

Nothing makes her better than my grandma or yours! She was born as a princess and that's the only difference. She is no better and no worse than any of us!

I think that her power should be limited and let her be the face of england and thats it.

jcq 07-27-2008 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zolid (Post 7991)
I think that her power should be limited and let her be the face of england and thats it.

That sums up the current situation across the pond in England

Hummus 07-27-2008 02:58 PM

I think they're too lazy to kick the queen Xd. TBH though, I think the power should be limited, and she should be treated like a regular citizen, only she'll be "the face of England" as you put it. Maybe let her have a crown..o.O

Zach 07-27-2008 03:02 PM

i think they need a president, like the US

Despair 07-28-2008 06:24 AM

Nah, Zack thats what prime ministers' are for. ; )

Hereditary succession of the crown may no longer outweigh the influence of constitutional parliament. Which remind you is still effectively gives power to the people. A frequently changing pime minister allows for a change in rule when a bush comes to office (Wow I hope I don't get blamed for that one.) and are not appointed to a specific term. Where as the Monarch is always going to give unified status symbol and for the country to rely on for an internal source of publicity and culture. I don't particularly hold ground as far or taxing goes, I am undecided weather the born in lack of privacy is compensatable in this scenario.

Envy 08-02-2008 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknown (Post 7754)

From what I've seen throughout history the King/Queen is basically the role model everyone tries to follow. They're basically just the overseer and just tell people what to do. The ones with the true power are the people under them like the president in the US has congress, monarchs have a group of people who pass laws etc. Parliment is the one in control, and if you look in history you can see that they also can have the power to take a King/Queen out of their seat.

juvenilepunk 08-02-2008 12:43 PM

The Queen is just a figure head and really does nothing, shes
just used to tell people that the UK is not defenceless and powerless.