Ezud.com Forum Home  
Ezud Home Ezud Forum  

Contact Us Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Ezud.com - Trolling Assistance Forum > Runescape General and Market > RuneScape Bug Abuse

Closed Thread

Post New Thread Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2008, 09:58 AM
Ezudian

Mystery222 is a jewel in the roughMystery222 is a jewel in the roughMystery222 is a jewel in the rough

For one you could outline how you discovered this. Then explain how you can change your IP to a "good one" without it screwing up your internet connection. To me "clicking fast" could mean one of two things: 1. Physically pressing the mouse button rather quickly or 2. Having a fast internet connection so that your click messages get to the server faster. Explain how one IP address might speed this process up opposed to another.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:33 AM
Ezudian

kthnxbye is on a distinguished road

i dont know much of java or ips at all, but i think its all about reflex.. who clicks first (not rapidly) gets the flag.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:16 PM
Ezudian

Dharok1337 is on a distinguished road

Wow dude, this is starting to make me mad.

It has NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR IP.

IDFC about your "proof" wow you can run through a door when someone shuts it, big deal, I do it all the time. The coding doesn't work that way. Believe me, I probably know a hell of alot more about coding then you do.

Why would Runescape implement a system based on what numbers your IP have?
They wouldn't, this is a stupid thread.

It has to do with your connection speed and computer speed.

Look at it like this.

My computer is FAST but my graphics card sucks, on counter strike I have FPS of 9. When I shoot, I shoot like 1 bullet a second.

And, once again, YOU ARE THE IDIOT. If you post a IP they CAN NOT, I repeat CAN NOT change their IP to yours unless it is a proxy and allows connections to it.

If you reset your IP, you are giving random numbers. They are not 100% random since your ISP most likely has a IP range set.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:20 PM
Ezudian

It's Me will become famous soon enough

Ok since you're all arrogant give me proof that you're right and I'll outclick you with my crappy computer. Until YOU can show proof gtfo my thread.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:21 PM
Ezudian

Dharok1337 is on a distinguished road

I don't see any of YOUR proof. Why in the world would jagex make a system based on your IP? THEY DON'T!
Old 07-26-2008, 12:28 PM
Ezudian

Mystery222 is a jewel in the roughMystery222 is a jewel in the roughMystery222 is a jewel in the rough

Please explain how you came to the conclusion that your IP has any affect on how quickly the click message from your client reaches the server.

I'm going to have to agree with Dharok, a system whereby the speed of your actions is determined by a completely unrelated piece of data, your IP address, is ridiculous. No developer in their right mind would do something like that.

One last note, the speed of your computer is not likely to greatly affect the speed of your "clicking". As long as you have a decent connection to the internet (1MB Broadband) the data packet will still be sent fast (more or less) regardless of your computer speed.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:32 PM
Ezudian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery222 View Post
Please explain how you came to the conclusion that your IP has any affect on how quickly the click message from your client reaches the server.

I'm going to have to agree with Dharok, a system whereby the speed of your actions is determined by a completely unrelated piece of data, your IP address, is ridiculous. No developer in their right mind would do something like that.

One last note, the speed of your computer is not likely to greatly affect the speed of your "clicking". As long as you have a decent connection to the internet (1MB Broadband) the data packet will still be sent fast (more or less) regardless of your computer speed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharok1337 View Post
I don't see any of YOUR proof. Why in the world would jagex make a system based on your IP? THEY DON'T!
I explained how I found out on first page. If you can't show proof you're right you have no reason to say that I'm wrong you're going off previous knowledge from other things and not Rs.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:40 PM
Ezudian

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Me View Post
I explained how I found out on first page. If you can't show proof you're right you have no reason to say that I'm wrong you're going off previous knowledge from other things and not Rs.
Quote:
Well I seem to have found out how you click in rs, aswell as what determines who can click "faster". For everyone about to say that it's who has the faster computer it's not. Click speed is determined by the numbers in your IP Address. I don't know why it's like that but it is and I have proof. This may not seem like much but it gives you a distinct advantage in CW games in getting the flag. There may be more uses but I'm not sure of any yet. If anyone knows of anything where your competing for an item with another player and you need to click it please post so I can see if it applies to other things.
At which point in your first post do you explain how you found this out. You merely tell us you've discovered this and then go on to list possible uses.

My reasoning comes from pure common sense and subject knowledge. It just doesn't make any sense to create a system of this type. That is the rationale behind my thinking. Where is yours? You seemed to have plucked this theory out of nowhere. There is nothing in the game that would suggest that your idea may be true. My guess is that occasionally you noticed that the server responded to your clicks faster than usual and you made an irrational link between that and your IP address.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:50 PM
Ezudian

Quote:
I'm 100% sure this is true. Don't really know where to post either, but since it gives you an unfair advantage that's kind of buggish right? I came across this through cwing alot. I noticed that whenever my router would DC I would be faster or slower then some cwers who hadn't DCed. Through further testing I found which IPs were the best at closing doors on people and grabbing flag. If you don't beleive that's fine but I know this works and I'd be glad to show anyone the proof.
I said first page. Use your eyes next time. Thanks.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Ezudian

Quote:
I said first page. Use your eyes next time. Thanks.
I did, hence why I was able to misread your post.

You say right there you are happy to show anyone the proof so please do so.

Anyway since you have taken to scrutinising my posts trying to bring things off topic I will take it that you are conceding the argument. Cheers.
Closed Thread